• 1½ kg chicken breasts (skinless)
• 3 large capsicums (red, green and yellow)
• 2 large onions (finely diced)
• 2 garlic cloves (finely chopped)
• ½ cup dry white wine
• 4 x small ripe tomatoes (finely chopped)
• 6 Tbsps olive oil
- Wash the capsicums. Prepare by cutting them in half, scooping out the seeds. Slice into strips.
- Heat half the oil in a large saucepan and cook the onion over gentle heat until soft.
- Remove onion to a side dish. Add remaining oil to pan. Add the chicken pieces and brown them on all sides, cook for approximately 6-8 minutes.
- Return the onions to the pan, and add the garlic.
- Pour in the wine and cook until liquid has been reduced by half.
- Add the capsicums and stir until all mixture is well coated. Season to taste.
- Stir in tomatoes. Lower the heat, cover the pan and cook for approximately 25-30 minutes.
- Casserole will be cooked when chicken is cooked and capsicums are soft.
- Stir thoroughly before placing on serving dish.