- 1 kg round steak (diced)
- 1 Tbsp fat or butter
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 medium onion (diced)
- 2 bay leaves
- Sugar substitute to taste
- 1 Tbsp flour
- 1 Tbsp paprika
- Pinch allspice
- ¼ cup cold water
- Pinch thyme
- ¼ tsp vinegar
- In pan melt fat and brown beef. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add onion, bay leaves and thyme.
- Pour sweetener over all. Cover and simmer for approximately 1½ hours.
- Combine flour, paprika, allspice, water and vinegar and stir in.
- Cook for approximately 10 minutes or until sauce is thickened.
- Remove bay leaves and serve.