- 12 scallops, with roe left on
- 1 cup cream
- 3 tsp butter
- 3 shallots (diagonally sliced)
- 3cm piece fresh ginger (peeled & finely diced)
- Cracked black pepper and salt
- Melt butter in pan. Add the whole scallops and sauté for approximately 2 minutes until lightly browned. Do not over cook scallops as this will toughen them.
- Remove scallops with a slotted spoon and place on a plate and keep warm.
- Add ginger and shallots to the pan and stir-fry for 2 minutes.
- Stir in cream and cook for 1-2 minutes until sauce has thickened.
- Season with cracked pepper and salt to taste.
- Place scallops on serving plates and pour sauce over.
- Serve immediately.