- 8 lean bacon rashers
- 1 large onion (chopped)
- 8 eggs
- 2 Tbsp cream
- ½ Tsp salt
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Fresh basil, parsley or rocket to taste
- Cut bacon into small pieces and fry in a non stick pan until crisp. Add onion and cook until transparent. Pour off all fat. Set aside until omelette is ready.
- Beat eggs, cream, salt and pepper together. Pour ½ the mixture into a warm pan and tilt to spread mixture evenly. Cook over low heat until eggs begin to set. Then loosen mixture from sides with spatula.
- When cooked, place half the bacon in the centre of the omelette before folding over. Then fold over and cook for a further minute.
- Move to a serving plate and cover to keep warm while you make the other omelettes.
- Sprinkle with herbs or rocket, serve immediately.