1. Get Ready: Never begin or continue with a weight loss program unless you are in the right frame of mind.
2. It All Counts: Always remember that any weight loss is worthwhile and of benefit to your general health.
3. Structure Matters: Research shows the best weight loss is achieved with structure and support.
4. Drink Up: A high fluid intake is important –drink plenty of water.
5. Stay Focussed: Set a weight loss goal or health goal and stay focussed to help keep you motivated.
6. Give Yourself a Break: Weight loss is a marathon not a sprint; so don’t use a slip up as an excuse to give up.
7. Never forget the Golden Rules!