Walking is an easy way to get moving – put on some shoes, a hat and some sun screen, open the door and you’re away! Walking will help you to improve your cardiovascular system and your fitness level as well as burning calories.
To make the most out of your stroll follow these tips:
- Walking briskly – walk like you are late for an appointment to get your heart rate up.
- Breathe – don’t forget to breathe, try to take deeper breaths rather than pant.
- Knees up – lifting your legs high and bringing your knees toward your chest will increase your walk intensity and calorie burning.
- Walk tall – Keep shoulders and neck relaxed and stay upright with your eyes looking forward and your chin level. Avoid hunching or walking with your head forward.
- Tighten abdominal muscles – keep your core muscles tightened to support your body and burn more calories